Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Ads I Hate: IBM - I'm Not Like Everybody Else

1 mt 00 secs

Click on the image above, and then click on play button once it becomes available.

This ad sucks so badly, that I had to create this special category "Ads I Hate". Seriously, what were they thinking? Probably, this sort of thinking is what led to the downfall of the Big Blue.

I mean, the commercial sets a negative tone right in the beginning with that factory chimney from which cute blue flowers float out. Contrary to whatever the admakers' intention must have been, it looks like a truant, polluting factory. And though the people keep singing the catchily composed "I'm not like everybody else", they all look the same. They all look like automatons churned out of some human factory. I am sure this is not by design.

No comments: