Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Arabs and Jews

---------------------------------------------

An Arab was walking through the desert, desperate for water, when he saw an old Jewish man selling neckties. The Arab said, "I'm dying of thirst. Can I have some water?"

The Jewish man replied, "I don't have any water, but why don't you buy a tie? Here's one that will look nice with your robe."

The Arab said, "I don't want a tie. I need water."

"OK, don't buy a tie," the Jewish man said. "But to show you what a nice guy I am, I'll tell you that over that hill, about four miles away, is a restaurant. They have water."

The Arab walked over the hill. Two hours later, he came crawling back. The Jew asked, "Couldn't you find the restaurant?"

The Arab gasped, "I found it all right. Your brother wouldn't let me in without a tie."

No comments: