Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Greek Intellect

A Greek, his name Miltiades, moved to the midwest after getting off the boat and bought himself a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day, that farmer drove up and said, "I'm Sorry, but I have some bad news...the donkey died just last night."

"Well, then, just give my money back re kefala."

"I can't do that Sir, I spent it already."

"OK, then. Just unload that donkey."

"What are you gonna do with him?"

"I'm going to raffle him off."

"You can't raffle off a dead donkey, you crazy Greek!"

"Well that's where you wrong. You watch you and you learn. Greeks are smart."

A month later the farmer met up with the Miltiades, the Greek and asked , "What happened with that dead donkey?"!

"I raffled that donkey off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece and made $998."

"Didn't anyone complain?"

"Just that guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back!"

No comments: